Saturday, March 28, 2009

Brady Arrives


On Dec. 5, 2008, Brady Ross Gresehover was born at 12:48pm. He weighed 7.1lbs and was 19.5 in. long. Everything happened so fast! I was induced that Friday morning around 7:30. The nurse said he could be born around 12, but closer to 5pm was much more likely. About 12:30, I suddenly felt an extreme amount of pressure and the urge to push. My sister, Lauren was in the room with me. Jason had gone down to the car. I told Lauren that I was feeling pressure and asked her to have the nurse come check me. At 11am I have been about 5cm, so we felt like it would be several more hours before any "action" began. Boy were we wrong!!! When the nurse checked, she said I was at 10cm and started calling for my doctor, the "baby" nurse, and then the show began. As I said, it was 12:30 when I asked Lauren to get the nurse. By 12:48 and 3 or 4 pushes, Brady had arrived. We couldn't believe it! This was so different from my labor with Brooks. With Brooks I pushed for 31/2 hours (yes, you read that right) and he weighed 8.11lbs. When I saw Brady for the first time, words cannot express what I felt. He was perfect, had all his fingers and toes, and my family was complete. Jason, Lauren, and I couldn't stop crying. It all happened so fast, and was so incredible.

No comments: